We are looking for a motivated and innovative team leader to join the Globachem Discovery team. The focus of the role is to lead a team of high-quality chemists through novel and exciting agrochemical projects, and work in collaboration with both the R&D and Product Development teams based in the company HQ in Belgium.
- Responsible for the delivery of target project compounds through supporting and coaching of team.
- You must be able to effectively utilise available resources to optimise productivity.
- Apply broad technical experience and knowledge and be able to coach to support project work.
- Actively contribute to lead generation and lead project strategy, pushing to generate the key data to progress the projects.
- Communicate complex results and knowledge within project team and work with internal and external collaborators.
- Target design that addresses project critical stress factors by incorporating broad data inputs. Influences the chemistry and research of other project team members and across projects.
- Independently devise efficient and versatile routes within the most complex and challenging chemical areas.
- Conceive, develop and implement new methodologies that significantly impact the project.
- Identify and exploit new technologies to enhance functional capability.
- Identify key external networks and collaborators.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced PhD chemist, or an experienced graduate, previous experience in agrochemical research is desirable but not essential.
- Industrial experience working in agrochemicals or pharma where R&D principles are important.
- Experience leading and developing others through coaching and mentoring.
- Advanced technical knowledge and execution.
- Strong networking skills and the ability to communicate well with key business partners and collaborators.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- You can relate to our FRAMILY values: Fun, Respect, Ambition, teaMwork, Innovation, flexibiLity, familY.
For more information about this vacancy click here